Terms of Service
Members and Sponsors agree that they will:
Refrain from claiming any endorsement or appearance that membership in the IOC creates any endorsement, connection or link to McLean Hospital or Harvard Medical School or Mass General Brigham. You may say that you are a member or sponsor (indicate level) of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School affiliate; or you are a member (indicate level) IOC at McLean Hospital. Examples:
- Fellow, IOC, McLean Hospital
- Fellow, Institute of Coaching, McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Affiliate
- Silver Sponsor, Institute of Coaching, McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Affiliate
- You may not use the Harvard shield anywhere and you may not say you are a member of Harvard's Institute of Coaching. You may use the IOC logo on your website only as long as you indicate your membership affiliation.
- Adhere to the IOC Values and if you are a coach to adhere to the highest standards of Ethics and Integrity as are, from time to time, in use in the Coaching Industry within the U.S., regionally and internationally.
- Refrain from using or attempting to use the IOC or its website or name, to sell individual services, trainings, programs or materials of any kind.
- Accurately identify coaching qualifications, expertise, experience, certifications and credentials and to not claim direct affiliation with or statements you have any degrees from Harvard Medical School or McLean.
- Not knowingly make any public statement that is untrue or misleading or make false claims in any written documents relating to the coaching profession or their credentials.
- Agree to indemnify, defend and hold the IOC, its affiliates and agents, harmless from any claims, damages, costs and expenses occasioned by the member’s improper use of IOC name or materials, or improper use of copyrighted material of IOC or from its website.
- Understand that the IOC reserves the right to revoke my membership at any time, at its discretion, should it determine that I have failed to adhere to these terms and conditions.
- Understand that IOC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
- IOC membership is not transferable and you agree not to share your access to the IOC with someone who has not donated to the Institute.